When:October 7-8 2010
The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online.
Through nearly a hundred speakers and plenty of new healthcare demos and technologies on display on stage and in the exhibit hall, you’ll get a sweeping overview of the ways that information technology and the web are changing healthcare. We’ll be looking at the “traditional” Health 2.0 areas like vertical search, online social networks, and tools for consumers. But the conference will also be focusing on the emergence of the data utility layer–exemplified by HealthVault and Google Health, and will be examining the impact of the huge growth of social media outside of health care on Health 2.0.
ANNOUNCING THEIR KEYNOTES! The Godfather of Web 2.0 Tim O’Reilly, O’Reilly Media/Web 2.0 will have a friendly duel with one of America’s best known health care analysts and futurists Jeff Goldsmith, Health Futures, Inc.
In addition to their dynamic keynotes they also have expertly curated panels, with industry leading speakers and our famous rapid-fire 4 minute technology demos. Panel highlights include:
* Search & Content: Join Ben Wolin (Everyday Health) and Chris Schroeder (HealthCentral) among several others in a conversation about the state of play for online health content including a look at new business models, partnerships and distribution mechanisms. We’ll also have a sneak preview of cutting edge new health search technologies.
* Health 2.0 Developer Challenge Showcase: The CTO of US Health and Human Services, Todd Park will kick off a showcase featuring winners of the 2010 Health 2.0 Developer Challenge. There are already 5 challenges and dozens of developers working to fix thorny healthcare problems with lightweight solutions. They’ll highlight some of the best challenges and announce the winners at this ground breaking competition!
* Data Utility Layer: Last year we introduced the notion of a “Data Utility Layer” to describe how health data are being moved between applications and “unplatforms”. Peter Neupert (Microsoft), Roni Zeiger (Google), and several others–including WebMD & Kaiser Permanente–will discuss the rapid evolution of the journey towards Health 2.0 interoperability. This panel will include several demos of real time data exchange and its use in multiple applications.
* Funding & Incentives for Health 2.0: Funding models are changing and incentives may be too. Listen to what veteran technology entrepreneurs and investors, Mitch Kapor (inventor of Lotus 123) and Esther Dyson say about what’s needed for new opportunities and hear feedback from a new breed of “investors” like Don Casey (West Wireless Institute).
* Case Studies: Health 2.0 is not just about technology. As partnerships emerge to reform delivery, where are the outcomes from the use of Health 2.0 tools in care delivery? We’ll take deep dives into examples of programs that have incorporated Health 2.0 technology to drive outstanding results.
* Consumer Tools and Unplatforms: Following the success of our Accelerator Showcase in 2009 –we’ll be showing the next frontier in applications moving data between web/mobile/ubiquitous internet connected devices.
* Launch!: The best brand new Health 2.0 applications unveiled for the first time.There will also be the latest update on Health 2.0 industry trends from Indu & Matthew, audience favorite, In Conversation with 3 CEOs, the Next Generation of Online Communities and our exciting Breakout Sessions on Wellness, Search, Tools for the Doctors office, Communities, International Health 2.0 and MORE.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Will patients embrace Health 2.0? (kevinmd.com)
- The Health 2.0 Developer Challenge–It’s On! (thehealthcareblog.com)
- Todd Park on Health 2.0’s Role in a World of Data Liberation (thehealthcareblog.com)